Saturday, April 01, 2006

Capaccio quotes

From the press conference:

“We’ve had a lot of telephone calls and a lot of interest about the job right now from some very strong candidates.”

“That’s a good question, I really don’t know because I really wanted Brad to be here too.” (On what exactly went wrong)

“Personally I’m very disappointed, I’m very surprised at the how this situation hashed out.”

Wright State has some things going for them, they have great facilites, and coach felt they were moving in the right direction. It’s closer to him, and I think coach felt he could get more exposure in the Midwest than he could on the east coast.”

“I know that one thing we have to do through this process, that we’ve learned is that we need to improve our facilities. He was very impressed with the facilities they had there.”

“When push came to shove, we wanted to keep Brad and we agreed to the compensation package the he wanted. Which want to 5 years, wth a top figure of $250 thousand starting at 215 thousand .”

“That 5 year contract an the money that was put on the table was agreed upon a long time ago.”

“If there were perceived a rift between me and Brad, I certainly never thought that way. I never felt that way. We had a great conversation less than a week ago. I thought this thing was going to get done, to be honest with you.”

”I personally felt Brad should have had some opportunites at some of those bigger universities that are paying the higher dollar.”

"I would say the team is good spirits. They obviously are dissapointed, some of them. I think they're ready to move ahead, and they understan how these things work."

-Capaccio also said that he hadn't contacted recruits Vaughn Duggins or Charles Baker and plans to on Monday.
-There has been no decision on if Brownell's staff will stay.
-Capaccio says he will consult former UNCW coach Jerry Wainwright.
-He was very adamant about updating the facilites.
-Rodney Terry has interest in the job, and has called Capaccio three times today.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home